Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DIMENSIONS OF SMALL

In my youth, the smaller I was in comparison to another, the greater my fear of that person was.  Conversely, the older I get, the smaller I see myself against the backdrop of nature and its creator, and the greater my confidence in God, which brings peace unimaginable.

How can you worry that a sovereign God that wrote the world’s Owner’s Manual would be incapable of taking care of you? 

We learn in Matthew, Chapter 6 that the birds of the air are utterly dependent on God’s provision, yet we are of greater value to Him than they!  Birds.  There are tons of them—more numerous at times, it seems, than the stars of the sky, though we find in Matthew 10:29 that when just one of them falls, it’s not without His knowledge—and (again), we are of greater value than them!

Our value to God is not just seen in the animal kingdom, but the human realm as well.  While He shines in our darkness, He floods that darkness with His marvelous light.  Through Him the simple become wise.  Provision for one’s needs often helps to launch peace and security.

And as valuable as these things are, gold is where the values are supposed to be these days, and yet, the secret to the most content among us lies within their treasuring the things of God that He shares with us, and not some periodic elements found at the Table of the same.  He helps to keep us from being dominated by besetting sins, yet shows us how we can have victory over them.

In reflection, I can see the enormity of God dwarf our fears.  I see the wisdom of God instructing us in spite of our ignorance, and I see the deliverance of God for us, His children.  It brings me peace—it brought David peace too.

b(Les)sings

Psalm 19  (KJV)


Psalm 19

King James Version (KJV)

Psalm 19

 1The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
 2Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
 3There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
 4Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
 5Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
 6His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
 7The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
 8The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
 9The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
 10More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
 11Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
 12Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
 13Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
 14Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment